Image Map

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Five for Friday! (on a Saturday)

Hello Friends!

Well lucky Kacey's Five for Friday post is all about SUMMER, but we still have two weeks of school left!  We'll try to stay busy and start cleaning out the classroom at the same time!  I'm moving rooms next year so I'll be packing EVERYTHING!  :)

Here we go with my Five-

 If you follow me on Facebook, you've already seen this pic, but on Monday we got a visit from a mobile planetarium!!  It was so cool!!  We got to climb in the giant blue igloo and she showed us the sun, planets and constellations.  I was sitting on the floor with the kids oohing and ahhing right along with them! 

We also got a visit from the RIF people and everyone got a free book!!  Yay!  I was so excited that so many of my kids picked Jack and Annie books (Magic Tree House series) and that so many of them are actually on the level to read them independently!!

We did some tear art projects this week and created our own flowers.  After making their flowers, they had to label the parts and the jobs that each part do to help the plant.  They had a lot of fun!

I got this lovely present from one of my boys on Tuesday!  I wore it all day and even had it on when I went to HEB that night to pick up food for our potluck on Wednesday!  Gotta love those special presents!!  :)

We started our All About Me Math projects this week!  We filled in all the math facts about ourselves and started working on the poster pieces.  I actually shrunk the pieces down this year and we're going to put them onto sentence strips when we finish the project on Tuesday!  I love doing this project every year, it's a lot of fun and it makes for a super cute hallway display!  If you are interested in checking it out, please stop by my TPT store to see it!  Be sure to check out the preview to see some student examples!

Hope y'all had a great week and enjoy your three day weekend!  Unless you're already off for the summer, well then I'm jealous!  :)

Be sure to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching!


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your flowers...tear art projects are always my favorite. Have a great rest of the school year - we got out Friday, but I still have PostPlanning left and I'm so ready for summer!! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're just about to start our unit on plants so I might try out to tear art flowers when we learn about the different functions of the parts - thanks!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete